Spice Up Your Training with Accelerated Learning
Interactive Train-the-Trainer, Toronto, Dubai, Jamaica, Singapore
- We are a Toronto (Canada) based consulting firm specialzing in training and development and instructional design.
- ALL inquiries are handled from Toronto.
Do you want to:
- cut training time by 20 - 50% without cutting critical content?
- add a "dash of pizazz" to your training?
- present complex or technical information in a user-friendly manner?
- re-kindle your enthusiasm for mundane or repetitive material?
Add a creative spark to your training with this invigorating simulation for trainers and confernce planners!
Despite the body of research into the needs of adult learners and the technological advances of the past 20 years, many training and conference sessions continue to be "underwhelming" Presentations, lectures and tedious page turners delivered through e-learning continue to dominate the learning landscape.
How we can Help
Through this unique simulation, based on a visit to a Jamaican bakery, trainers will experience the impact of accelerated learning.
After they learn about accelerated learning by exploring our bakery, each participant will have an opportunity to "spice up" their own material (4-6 overheads, 4 - 6 page handout or short module). If you select a 2 day format, we can even videotape the practice and feedback sessions.
Many trainers return from accelerated learning workshops eager to put what they have learned into practice. This enthusiasm often turns to discouragement in the face of resistance from colleagues, budget constraints and logistical nightmares. The strategies you will learn during this "hands on session" will help you pinpoint and break through organizational barriers to innovation in training. We highly reccomment offerint this session as an in-house workshop or sending at least 2 - 3 trainers to the public version of this session so that they can support each other when they return to work.
Based on your requirements, we'll customize Spice Up Your Training and create an engaging experience for your trainers or conference planners.
Suggested Pre-requistes: Strong working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Word
Master the basics of accelerated learning with this engaging simulation.
Anne has tremendous expertise as a team building specialist and presentation skills coach. I hired Anne to train our in-house trainers in the delivery of training programmes. It was an excellent investment. Not only did she connect with the group immediately, but she also had them fully engaged to the very end. I also personally benefited by sitting through a few of her sessions. I would certainly hire Anne again.Phillip Brown, Director, Director, Human Resources & Administration at Caribbean Development Bank
... by far the most practical course I have ever taken.Gary Tune, Director, Product Logistics, Marketing
Bell Mobility (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Great way to build teamwork skills. Accountability was a big part of the lesssons learned. Enhthusiastic and professional facilitators.Benjamin Lee, Global Middle Office CIBC
Well developed and well executed!"David Peneycad, Chief Administrative Officer, Grant Thornton
I found the course very informative. I improved my interviewing skills tremendously by applying the techniques I learned.Patricia Wong, Assistant Manager, HR OCBC Bank (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
The emphasis on practicing the skills learnt, though at times painful, was very useful. Ultimately I was left with a feeling of having done a good beginning....Anne has an excellent grasp of the subject. The expert in her really commanded my respect.M B Sakorkar, LTITL (India)
Group Size: 6 - 24 participants
If a group has more than 8 participants, projects will be completed in pairs or trios.
Time Frame: Available as 2 hour breakout session for conferences or half day, 1 day or 2 day hands-on workshop.
As participants learn about the secret ingredients in Jamaican cuisine, including our world famous patties, we'll draw parallels to the ingredients that are needed to produce effective training.
Please note: This session can be culturally adapted using any cuisine as a metaphor.
Click Panels to Open & View Details
To achieve this objective, we have a number of self-study module to cover the teory behind adult learning and accelerated learning. This will free us up to devote most of the time during our workshops to skill drills, exercises, practice, and coaching.
Depending on your requriements, interactive self-study modules can include:
- Developing Winning Presentations
- Everything you Wanted to Know About Visual Aids but were Afraid to Ask
- Illustrations with Ease
By the end of this session, participants will discover how to:
- Remain fresh and enthusiastic even after delivering the same material dozens of times.
- Create a colourful and stimulating learning environment.
- Kick off sessions with entertaining, course-related session starters instead of ice-breakers.
- "Spice up" their training on a limited budget & within tight time frames.
- "Read" the audience and tailor approaches to fit their learning style.
- Transform technical material from mundane to magnificent.
- Keep participants and yourself alert and energized.
- Use sure-fire strategies for sprucing up handouts and visuals.
- Warm up a conservative audience.
- Go home energized, not exhausted, at the end of a day of training.
- Overcome resistance to change in the training department and inside the classroom.
- Win support for new approaches to training.
Participants will experience the following approaches that they can incorporate into their own training:
- Jamaican Bakery Theme with decorations, music, and props
- Tropical Get-away
- Brainstorming with Mind Maps, Idea Chains and Story Boards
- Energizing Refreshment Stand
- Dance Breaks
- Breath-taking Videos
Depending on the length of the session and the needs of participants, content can include:
- Season to Taste(Catering to Diverse Learning Styles)
- Themes & Menus
- All About Ambiance
- Tablescapes & Place Mats: Setting the Table
- Sizzling Session Starters
- Designing Accelerated Learning Smorgasbords
- 6 Ways to Debrief
- The Cakewalk Review
- Conservative Corner - Customizing Accelerated Learning for Conservative Participants
Companies will be asked to provide:
- Jamaican patties (if available)
- A Cake or cupcakes for an exercise on Day 1
Participants will be asked to bring:
- USB Drives
Don't have enough participants for the training?
- Purchase our new e-book:
This 132 page e-book is jampacked with session starters, group exercises, games, brainstorming exercises, energizers, and more!
Interactive and highly experiential learning and development programmes for managers and professionals.
Featured Training & Development:
Interactive train the trainer programmes offering maximum practice and coaching. Master experiential learning and accelerated learning techniques.
Featured Train the Trainer Workshops:
We custom design or re-design courses to create highly interactive experiential learning programmes.
For companies on a budget, we can prepare a complete training blueprint and templates for participant workbooks, slides, and facilitator's manuals. We'll review your final product and provide feedback.